SWAMP > SPIRIT AIRLINES
Two Hour Spirit Airlines Flight vs. Two Hour Kayak Tour: Road to Nowhere
There are many ways to spend two hours. You could watch many movies, but not The Godfather, or you could watch four episodes of The Office. You could catch up with an old friend, or do your child’s math homework for them.
However, the only two things you should consider for the purpose of this blog post are to 1. Fly Spirit Airlines for two hours, which is roughly the amount of time it takes to fly from New Orleans to Fort Lauderdale, or 2. Sign up and attend a two hour kayak tour with us. On the surface, both options sound equally exhilarating, but there are several key differences. Thus, it is necessary to list some pros and cons for each, so that we may decide which activity to do:
Spirit Airlines, MSY New Orleans → FLL Fort Lauderdale (2 hrs)
- You get to go to Florida, which depending on the type of person you are, can be a good thing.
- Spirit Airlines doesn’t serve water or snacks. If you are an enlightened sage, you recognize that shunning water at 30,000 feet is as close to nirvana as you’re gonna get on a Tuesday.
- You get to end your two hours in a different place, and its always fun to mix things up.
- Mosquitoes cannot afford airfare.
- You’ve read the blog posts and online articles, you already know the cons.
New Orleans Kayak Swamp Tour (2 hrs)
- Tree frogs are darn cute and they will hitch a ride on your boat, for free!
- You can (and should) drink as much water as you’d like.
- Hard plastic seats are much more tolerable when you’re paddling your way through Southeastern Louisiana’s finest ecosystem.
- You don’t need to fight any alligators for the armrest.
- You can meet people from Florida, without any of the pressure of needing to be IN Florida.
- You do end up at the same spot you began, and in this particular instance you released a wild tiger at the Manchac & Maurepas kayak launch.
- Mosquitoes can certainly afford swamp real estate.
I hope this guide has been helpful. After examining our list, I believe it is safe to say that if you have two spare hours laying around, its best that you use them to come on a kayak tour in New Orleans. See you soon!