Paddle the picturesque Manchac Swamp on this kayak tour that’s perfect for beginners. Take in the views of cypress trees, wildlife, and expansive wetlands.
- Person All Ages
Experience Louisiana’s rich culture
The Swamp Kayak Tour, Cajun Food, Plantation Tour Experience:
- Transportation to and from New Orleans
- Intermediate paddle through Manchac Swamp
- Perfect for groups looking for a great time
- Learn the history and importance of this unique ecosystem
- Paddle past cypress and tupelo groves
- Stop at B&C Seafood Restaurant for Cajun cuisine (option to purchase food)
- Guided tour of the beautiful Whitney Plantation
At times, Whitney Plantation becomes too busy to make week-of bookings. In the occasion that the Whitney Plantation tour is not available, we go to the Oak Alley Plantation. We highly regard both of these tours and the narratives and perspectives they share concerning Louisiana’s plantation history.
- Visit the museum, Baptist Church, and gift shop
- Take photos of the live oak corridor that leads up to the “Big House”