Louisiana’s rich ecological culture comes alive on this tour from New Orleans. Tour the Manchac Swamp by kayak and visit Whitney Plantation.
Extended Manchac Swamp Kayak Tour
- 10 a.m. pickup from 437 Esplanade Avenue and a 4 p.m. drop-off back in the city
- Person All Ages
- Private Tour
- Person Can bring up to 8 for additional cost
- Additional Person
Deep Swamp Adventure
If you are a more experienced (not a beginner) kayaker, trying to get away from the regular crowds and varying levels of experience and skill that come with them, this four-hour excursion is for you.
This is a tour for the adventurer, an opportunity to go a little bit further and see a whole lot more. Spend four hours total on the water, guided by an experienced local naturalist, exploring the vast cypress forests and bayous that make up our nation’s second-largest bald cypress swamp.
Midway through the trip, we stop for a scenic lunch overlooking Lake Maurepas with food prepared by Chef Barbeau, the executive chef of Atchafalaya, and a cold beverage.
On the return, your guide provides every boat with binoculars for bird watching, as the area surrounding the edge of Lake Maurepas is famous for its dense barred owl populations as well as other large birds of prey.
You will also be given small dip nets to catch and ID the area’s unique water critters. This is an immersive swamp adventure, educational and rewarding, intended for the outdoorsy traveler looking for a non-touristy authentic swamp experience.
- Lunch (wraps by Barbeau) and a cold beverage at the midway point
- Extra equipment: binoculars, dip net, optical critter viewer
- 4 hours on the water; 6 hours total including transportation
- Everyone gets their own kayak per request